Monday, April 24, 2006

Shrill as I Want to be

Sub Cultro is an outlet for expressing ideas. Sometimes, our ideas are about how certain other ideas are stupid. By extension, and to the extent they hold those ideas, people are stupid. To paraphrase Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid [thinks]".

If you find yourself reading this blog, and feeling insulted, you have options:

1. Make a valid argument showing that we're wrong. Whining about mean words is not a substitute for a good point. Valid arguments contain evidence, and a logical conclusion. If your logic is faulty, or your evidence unreliable, we'll point that out, but we can't promise not to call you stupid.

2. Don't read my blog. This may be the only reliable way to avoid ever feeling stupid.

3. Grow a pair. Dare to feel stupid, I do. Embrace intellectual humility. Stop whining.

4. Throw out the baby with the bath water. You're not obligated to really consider the ideas here, especially if you don't like their shrill packaging. Refuse to take us seriously. Repeat this mantra brought to us by the ever gracious, never insulting Al Franken: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonnit, people like me".

Here is an option you don't have: whining that we call people stupid. That will induce us to exercise our least favorite option, deleting your comment.

Mean or shrill language does not invalidate an idea. "Insulting" is not synonymous with "wrong". Deal with it.

2 comments:

burnyourtires said...

wow.

my point of the lameness of calling people stupid with no grounds other than your hatred for liberals is in it self lame.

1. make a valid argument done it no response from you

2. don't read my blog ok

3.grow a pair i'm here aren't I?

4. throw out the baby with the bath water well, you're right, if you can't put up unbiased opinions and have intelligent dialogue with saying some is whining. I don't believe in name calling for the sake of name calling seeya

byt

Endymion said...

Unlike the above very quick resonse, our replies take time and careful consideration. So, whether burnyourtires reads it, I will address all his comments as they are typical of the conservative hating left.