Saturday, January 08, 2005

The U.N. is Evil, a Fox and a Hedgehog, Pajamas.

Pajama Hadin - UNheard of contributions of the U.N. to tsunami relief - pajamahadin political news commentary blog

OK, this is backwards, I know, but I wanted to send you to the Diplomad post via this blog, the Pajama Hadin, for two reasons. First, I like the name. I am, in fact, writing tonight in my new pajamas. Second, they quote one of my favorite Greek Lyric Poet fragments...in Greek. I also like the superhero theme! You think they play Champions?

Anyway, when you go there, go on to the Diplomad link and read it. A quote
for the millionth time I realized that if not for Australia and America almost nobody in the tsunami-affected areas would have survived more than a few days. If we had waited for the UNocrats to get their act coordinated, the already massive death toll would have become astronomical.

I have been pissed at the U.N. for a while, but the Chief Diplomad seems to feel, in a great rant, that it is systemic and endemic. There can be no reform. Since we can't destroy this evil -- where is its heart anyway? -- we must circumvent it and thus render it useless. Like some eldritch god no longer worshipped, it will fade into the blackness of the forgotten past.

No comments: