Thursday, September 01, 2005

Politicized of New Orleans tragedy

Hey everybody, remember me? I haven't felt like blogging for a long time; I've hardly even watched the news for the past two months. The news coverage in general is too shallow and biased; it always leaves me with questions they don't even ask . But today, I heard something that shook me out of my political catatonia, and back into blogging.

Live, from New Orleans, an ABC news correspondent took his opportunity to play Left against Right, to thumb his nose at conservatives as hurricane victims suffered around him. He commented on the Sean Hannity show this afternoon that Liberal radio talk show hosts had been very generous in fund raising/ relief efforts. He jibed, [I don't know what conservative radio hosts have contributed, but I'd like to start a competition . . .]. (Brackets indicate the slightest paraphrase).

Now wait just one minute! I wasn't born yesterday! I'm sure he would have kept his innuendo to himself if he new that statistically, Red states contribute more money to charities than Blue states. He didn't bother to find out what Conservative hosts were up to, but he was confident that we Hannity listeners would be impressed that Lib radio hosts gave to charity at a time of great media coverage.

This guy is supposed to report the news, not try to persuade us to like Liberals (few of which are passing up this opportunity to begin campaigning).

Welcome back, me! Thanks!

No comments: