Thursday, April 14, 2005

Wu Li Blogging and Joe Jackson

We took a 2:00 AM drive tonight under a crystal clear night sky, listening to Joe Jackson's haunting and lovely Steppin' Out. When we got back home, I googled "joe jackson stepping out lyrics." The first response was a post from Right Thinking Girl dated April 3rd which was also the date of our last post. Coincidence? I prefer to think like a Dancing Wu Li Master. There is some mysterious mist hiding the lines which connect our minds with electricity so fine.

We are always very happy when people we like like the same stuff as we do. We have always been huge fans of Orson Scott Cards' Ender's Game, one of the best SciFi books ever. We could barley contain our joy when we found out that he is not a moonbat. There are others too, like Alton Brown who appreciates the beauty of (the old) Junkyard Wars and does not sound like a Liberal to us either. The list, thankfully, goes on.

I am tempted to attribute these connections we share to "spooky actions at a distance" especially now. Better, though, is the simple truth. It is not surprising that people who think clearly often agree. The real world has honed our minds in a similar manner. Ender's Game is great because Card is true to human nature.

Well, I could go on, but my comfy bed beckons and I absolutley must have an Ouzo.

1 comment:

Endymion said...

I went to Shaw's tonight and Steppin Out was playing. Beth and I have not stopped thinking about that song for two days and it appears that it can't stop thinking about us either. Weird and wonderful.