Sunday, May 28, 2006

History in the Making? One Can Hope

I went to the first Fair Tax ralley which was held on May 24th, and let me just say, it was truly awesome!

Wednesday mornong, I drove to N. Carolina to pick up my sister, we drove to Deluth GA, and we waited in the hot sun for 2.5 hours to get in. It's a good thing we got there when we did, because over 2 thousand people were turned away due to arena capacity.

The drive, the wait, the heat . . . all worth it! It was a stunning demonstration of people with the will to make a real and lasting change. The ralley was so successful, it earned a presidential sit down for its sponsor in the House, John Linder. I felt like I was part of history in the making. One can hope.


Also, I have never been in a crowd of such polite, considerate people. Fair Tax supporters are nice people.

Go here for details on the ralley. Go here for details on the fair tax . . .or better yet, go here.

No comments: