Monday, August 10, 2009

I Don't Understand the Express Jet Story

This story, which I saw on Drudge, is very puzzling. I sure hope to see more about this, because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would Express Jet claim the passengers had to be screened coming off the plane? That's obviously untrue to any one who's ever flown.

On the other hand, what was the motive for keeping the passengers on the plane all night? That had to be a nightmare for the flight crew as well. Furthermore, it's terrible publicity for Express Jet and Continental. What was there to be gained?

I hope there are private law suits by the passengers against the airline(s). I think a congressional hearing would be little more than publicity for politicians at tax-payer expense, resulting in legislation mixed in with other legislation and pork and no guaruntee of real solution, but you can address that is the next election cycle, but is that really going to be the issue that determines your vote . . .

No comments: