Thursday, March 17, 2005

Local faux pas goes global

Thanks to the Wonderful Miss M. who posted WHEN BAD SPELLING HAPPENS TO GOOD PEOPLE which led me to Myopic Zeal :: Stacey Campfield’s Blog?: "Glenn Reynolds links to a blog he says is one of his legislators from Knoxville, Stacey Campfield."

Well, Rep. Campfield is his legislator and since we are also in District 18, he is ours too. I love that he wants to blog about his experiences as my representative. His bit about the heated garage was interesting. The criticism, however, of his truly awful first post is valid and warranted. He earned it. Note, though, the way he responds to it:
To evary bodey who rote tanks fer yer inpoot ill tri harder next tim
At least he is not an asshole. In fact, he seems like a good guy. I do not really care whether my representative is a polished writer. I just want him to vote for good laws. Sometimes the best leaders are not the best students. Certainly the Elites are making a hack of leadership. That is why Bush is president, after all. He is not a polished speaker, but he is a great leader. Sometimes the content of one's speech is more important than the art of it. This experience will sharpen him, I'm sure. This is what the blogosphere does well. Just ask CBS.

I do not always spell well, nor do I always use proper grammar. That does not mean I'm stupid, of course. It does indicate my laziness (or that my wireless keyboard's batteries are low) which comes and goes. But, again, that is one of the joys of blogging; you can be formal when you feel like it and informal when you don't. I am not so narrow-minded as to demand formality all the time even from my legislator. He is a regular guy just like I am. That does not mean that I will not jeer him mercilessly for that post, though. Besides, now Xrlq wonders "Do all peeple from Knocksvill spel krappyly, or jist the wons yall eleckta publick offus?"

What is more troubling is that he has not posted since that first post on March 9th. Maybe we scared him away. In any case, I am sure he was not prepared for an INSTALANCHE!

No comments: